Who We Are
Jarallah German Specialized Clinic – Kuwait, The First Private Medical Center to launch the COVID-19 PCR Testing at the JGSC Laboratory as per authorization from the Ministry of Health in August 2020.
What We Offer
Our services are provided to General Public, travelers, hospitals, clinics, organizations, schools, institutes etc. We have further diversified our services to:
- JGSC Clinic @ Hawally
- Top Clinic – Mahboula Branch
- Jarallah Jahra Clinic – Jahra Branch
- Jarallah German Specialized Clinic – Hawally
- Berlin Klinik – Hawally
- Mona Clinic – Riggae
- Mishari Clinic – Sharq
JGSC Virology Lab is certified by the Ministry of Health Kuwait and strictly follows all MOH norms and regulations. JGSC Lab is one of the well-equipped State – of – the – Art PCR Technology Lab with the American 5G COVID-19Testing Kits. It is the Lab that is dedicated and designed to provide and facilitate fast and accurate service and result of the COVID-19 Test with a capacity of more than 10,000 tests per day under the supervision of our well qualified and professional Virologists from Germany – Prof. Hans Fabricus, Dr. Mamoun Al-Qaseer(Consultant Clinical Virologist – Head of the Virology Department – Ministry of Health – Kuwait.),Dr. Rula Al-Thuhafi (Virology Laboratory Manager) and Dr. Mona T.Al Holi (Specialist in Clinical Virology).
The test results are provided in as quickly as 3 to 4 hours and are reached to the clients’ through mobile phones and, of course, communicated to the Ministry of Health for monitoring the infection situation.
Information for patients and users
- Location of the laboratory:
Jarallah German Specialized Clinic Building 2, Street Al Mutasim, Hawally 32078.
- Types of clinical services provided currently:
COVID-19 PCR testing on respiratory swabs and also COVID-19 Antibody testing (COVID igm titers and COVID igm titers).
- Laboratory opening hours:
The virology laboratory is open 24 hours for 7 days a week.
- Range of examinations offered by the laboratory:
- Sample requirements:
- Proper Nasopharyngeal swabs, (not swabs in gel because they are not suitable for respiratory PCR) with proper labeling, transportation and storage of the sample (Please refer to SOP number:5104)
- Blood samples are obtained for COVID-19 antibody testing.
- Complete patients bio data should be written on the sample and the request form.
- Result Turnaround times:
- The result turnaround time ranges from 8 hours to 12 hours.
- Biological reference intervals:
- The COVID results are released as either:
Following the international guidance for COVID PCR results interpretations.
For COVID serology the results are interpreted as follows:
- COVID igm (LIASON SARS-COVID igm assay)
The results interpretation according to index value
Negative < 1.1
Positive ≥ 1.1
- COVID igg (LIASON SARS-COVID igg assay)
The results interpretations according to the titers:
Negative < 33.8 AU/ml
Positive ≥ 33.8 AU/ml